Steps are the basic building blocks that form each sequence of a scenario, similar to statements in a programming language. Steps are potentially blocking (the sequence cannot continue with next step until previous one finishes).
Note that every action can be also used as a step that simply never blocks, as actions do not require any extra input.
List of currently implemented steps:
- addToInt: Add value to integer variable in the session.
- awaitAllResponses: Block current sequence until all requests receive the response.
- awaitDelay: Block this sequence until referenced delay point.
- awaitInt: Block current sequence until condition becomes true.
- awaitVar: Block current sequence until this variable gets set/unset.
- breakSequence: Prematurely stops execution of this sequence if the condition is satisfied.
- clearHttpCache: Drops all entries from HTTP cache in the session.
- conditional: Perform an action or sequence of actions conditionally.
- fail: Fail the phase with given message. Used mostly for testing/debugging.
- foreach: Instantiate new sequences based on array variable content.
- httpRequest: Issues a HTTP request and registers handlers for the response.
- json: Parse JSON in variable into another variable.
- log: Log a message and variable values.
- loop: Repeats a set of steps fixed number of times.
- nextSequence: Schedules a new sequence instance to be executed.
- noop: Does nothing. Only for demonstration purposes.
- pullSharedMap: Move values from a map shared across all sessions using the same executor into session variables.
- pushSharedMap: Store values from session variables into a map shared across all sessions using the same executor into session variables.
- randomCsvRow: Stores random row from a CSV-formatted file to variables.
- randomFile: Reads bytes from a randomly chosen file into a variable. Two formats are supported: Example 1 - without weights:
- randomInt: Stores random (linearly distributed) integer into session variable.
- randomItem: Stores random item from a list or array into session variable.
- scheduleDelay: Define a point in future until which we should wait. Does not cause waiting.
- set: Set variable in session to certain value.
- setInt: Set session variable to an integral value.
- stop: Immediately stop the user session (break all running sequences).
- stopwatch: Run nested sequence of steps, recording execution time.
- template: Format pattern into session variable.
- thinkTime: Block current sequence for specified duration.
- unset: Undefine variable name.